|Salt Lake City Mayor Rocky Anderson pumped us up to run in the Salt Lake Marathon. (Photo credit: Wikipedia)|
JUSTICE PARTY OFFICIAL WEBSITE - JUSTICEPARTYUSA.ORG [powered by NationBuilder]:
Candidate Rocky Anderson wants to:
The Justice Party looks to have few differences from the Green Party and the Justice Party also call for free education K-12 and college or comparable work training. I couldn't find much else on specific on education in Anderson's platform. I did find a reference to an after school program Anderson started in one of his speeches:
Johnson has lots of education positions and I will be discussing vouchers in an upcoming post on school funding as well as the Federal role in education.
|English: Former New Mexico Governor Gary Johnson at the Nullify Now! event in Phoenix, Arizona. |
(Photo credit: Wikipedia)
Gary Johnson on the Issues: Positions include an end to the Department of Education, a universal voucher that doesn't fully drain public monies, and ending (possibly) student loans as they cause higher tuition.
American education is at a crossroads. We can either choose to continue down the path of higher costs, poorer results, and top-down thinking, or challenge the status quo by using what actually works rather than what we wish would work. The problem is public education in America is now doing less with more. This is unsustainable for our pocketbooks and, most importantly, unfair to our children.
Now, imagine an educational system that not only educates students better, but also does it for less money every year. It would give each American child the opportunity to choose an individualized education to realize his or her dreams.
All parents should have an opportunity to know choose which school their children attend. By putting educational funds in the hands of the people who use it gives parents and students a vote as to which schools are best and which need to improve. It's time to free individuals from burdensome federal mandates so they can pursue the right educational strategies.
See link for breakouts of each statement. Gary Johnson on the Issues:
- Public education system needs major reform. (Aug 2012)
- Vouchers OK for church childcare & church schools. (Aug 2012)
- $3,500 voucher for every K-12 student. (Aug 2012)
- Vouchers are as constitutional as pre-school and day-care. (Aug 2012)
- Competition would make our schools better. (Aug 2012)
- I support evolution; but no federal involvement. (May 2012)
- No student loans; they cause higher tuition. (Nov 2011)**
- Education Dept. takes 16 cents for every 11 cents it gives. (Sep 2011)
- Abolish Departments of Education and HUD. (Aug 2011)
- Give every student in New Mexico vouchers worth $3,500. (Jul 2011)
- Put educational funds in the hands of the people who use it. (May 2011)
- End the Department of Education. (May 2011)
- No student loans; they cause higher tuition. (Feb 2011)
Official Libertarian platform is much less specific than Johnson's campaign:
Education is best provided by the free market, achieving greater quality, accountability and efficiency with more diversity of choice. Recognizing that the education of children is a parental responsibility, we would restore authority to parents to determine the education of their children, without interference from government. Parents should have control of and responsibility for all funds expended for their children's education."